Thursday, August 18, 2011

Introduction

I'm starting this blog to document all of my knitting progress, inspiration and projects!

I learned how to knit back in high school--what seems like ages ago--but I recently picked it back up. It was during one really gloomy winter in upstate NY back in 2008. The only thing that could lift my spirits was to start a new hobby. All we could do was stay inside, all bundled up in blankets, thick socks and slippers, drinking hot beverages to keep warm. Knitting seemed like a perfect addition to my already holed up state of being...

Naturally, I started with a scarf for my wonderful husband. It turned into a tube. It didn't take me long to figure out how to avoid that in the future. Other scarfs were knitted & purled up in no time. Then, I slowly added a few patterns here and there, but made many mistakes. Family members forgave me.

Unfortunately, I can't find any of the pictures of my earliest projects. There were several scarves, three baby blankets, and a set of placemats. Notice how all I could do was knit flat things.

Then came a huge risk: trying my hand at shapes!
My first sweater:



 My first headband (with the leftover sweater yarn):
 My first hat (for my hubby):
Nests for my sister-in-law's baby shower.
I usually don't knit during the summer so that I don't get tired of the hobby. Plus, the summer is for other hobbies like camping, reading, traveling, and going to the beach! Knitting in the fall and winter gives me something to look forward to. I'm wondering what I'll be inspired to knit next...

No comments:

Post a Comment